Selling is a skill and like all skills, selling skills need to be practiced and reinforced in order to be embedded as a habit. Once sales professionals are educated on the sales process, it becomes the Manager’s responsibility to practice and reinforce those disciplines and skills with their sellers. OASIS is a management coaching process designed specifically to reinforce BRIDGE Selling. It stands for:
- Observe: In role plays and in live conversations, the Manager must observe their people in selling situations.
- Assess: From their observations, it is the Manager’s role to assess the seller’s current level of development.
- Summarize Feedback: After they have assessed the seller’s current level of development, the Manager must be able to effectively provide feedback.
- Improvement Plan: From there, it is the Manager’s responsibility to offer the seller a pathway forward in the way of a defined and agreed upon Improvement Plan.
- System of Metrics: Define how to track the progress / success of the Improvement Plan by establishing an agreed upon group of metrics.